Onyx is a renowned CBD brand that boasts a decent product catalog of broad- and full-spectrum CBD products in the forms of capsules, edibles, topicals, tinctures, and pet items. It also offers delta-8 products for THC lovers. We generally liked our review for the brand, primarily because it tries to be informational to clients by providing educational blogs all over the website and detailing enough information on every product page. Its products boast a 2- 2000 mg CBD concentration variance, and cost $14- $179. However, its average price point of $0.43 per mg CBD is generally high compared to other organic, non-GMO, hemp-derived CBD products. Still, we appreciate the multiple potencies across the categories that offer clients a variety to choose from. Onyx uses the clean CO2 extraction method to isolate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, and 3rd party tests its products for contaminant purity and potency, after which it posts the lab test results on the respective product pages and on a centralized hub. Currently, it only ships throughout the USA and not internationally, and free shipping for all orders worth $100 and 30-day money-back guarantee arrangements apply for all orders.
About the Company
Onyx will be turning 4 years old this year after its launch in 2018. According to its website, Onyx puts client wellness at the forefront, so it only uses American-sourced organic hemp and applies the clean and safe CO2 extraction method to manufacture its organic CBD products. Besides, it uses non-GMO hemp, helping it win an even larger loyal customer base since many health and ethical concerns now surround the genetic modification of organisms and consuming such or products made from them. Onyx offers broad- and full-spectrum CBD products, guaranteeing a full entourage effect. It also offers delta- 8 THC products, particularly for the lovers of this cannabinoid.
Onyx + Rosy stands out for many reasons besides using non-GMO, organic, American hemp to manufacture its CBD products. It does not take chances with its clients and strives to be as informational as possible. Its FAQ section is detailed and includes crucial information, such as the differences in the various cannabinoid spectrums, how hemp and marijuana differ, the possible effects of CBD, and extraction processes, which helps its consumers be aware of what goes into their system. Besides, it rigorously 3rd party tests its products for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, and others, and also examines them for potency, after which it uploads the test results online on the respective product pages. As if that’s not enough, it offers its clients a 30-day money-back guarantee and free shipping for all orders worth $100 and above throughout the US.
Onyx products are generally expensive and pose an average price point of $0.43 per mg CBD, which is higher than the market average. The items cost $14- $179 and feature multiple CBD concentrations, from 2 to 2000 mg CBD. Onyx also offers clients several options to explore for better deals and save on the purchase. For instance, its bundled deals across the same or various product categories allow clients to get the many products at subsidized prices, and subscribing to the brand plans enables one to get a 15% off total sales and free shipping, regardless of the destination.
The following specs are true to the Onyx + Rose CBD brand;
- The total CBD concentrations across the products categories are 2- 2000 mg
- CBD deliverable methods include bath bombs, topicals, tinctures, capsules, and pet items
- The clean CO2 extraction method is used to isolate CBD oil from hemp surfaces
- The company uses US-sourced hemp
- Organic, non-GMO hemp is used to manufacture CBD products
- Extracts feature full- and broad-spectrum CBD formulations
- Free shipping is available for orders worth $100 and above
- The brand exclusively ships products to the US and not internationally
- Subscription plans help one save on purchases and get free shipping for all orders
- A 30-day money-back guarantee applies to all orders
- CBD products cost $14- $179
- The average price point of the brand is $0.43 per mg CBD
- Delta- 8 THC products are available
- MCT oil is used to formulate extracts and increase their bioavailability and absorbability
Hemp quality is a major determinant of a brand’s CBD products quality, ultimately influencing whether a brand holds down or loses its clients. Consequently, reputable CBD brands grow their preferred hemp strains while others liaise with farms with the qualities needed for CBD products. Onyx + Rose sources its hemp from the US and liaises with farms whose hemp strains are phytocannabinoid-rich and have 13% or more total cannabinoid concentration, helping it use the right hemp that ticks the boxes for the desired qualities. The hemp in such farms is non-GMO and organic, and so are the natural ingredients the brand uses to manufacture its CBD products. It employs the clean CO2 extraction method to isolate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces.
Onyx + Rose is a legal grower and processor of American hemp, which it sources locally. The hemp plants in such farms are non-GMO and organic, in harmony with the brand’s desire to deal in all-natural CBD products manufactured from non-GMO, organic hemp-derived CBD products. It uses the clean CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. This method is preferred in the cannabis space for its safety and efficiency, as seen in its ability to carefully remove unwanted components leave what’s needed without unnecessarily attaching solvents to the extracts. Onyx then uses MTC oil to formulate the delta- 8 THC, broad- and full-spectrum products, increasing their bioavailability once they hit the system.
The next stage is 3rd party testing, a vital quality and control strategy Onyx + Rose executes to ensure its products are potent and safe for consumption. It liaises with 3rd party labs to test products for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, residues, mycotoxins, and microbials, and THC & CBD potencies by comparing what is indicated on the product labels and the actual contents. It uploads the results on its website, and you can view them by clicking the View Lab Results link on every product page.
Range of Products
Onyx has a fairly wide product range and include the following;
Onyx + Rose CBD Tinctures
The brand offers broad- and full-spectrum tinctures featuring 1000 and 2000 total CBD concentrations. They come in various flavors, including mint, very berry, and coconut chocolate. They are formulated using MCT oil, making them more absorbable and bioavailable. According to the website, the tinctures are taken orally or sublingually, with a 30-60 second pause to allow absorption. They can also be added to foods and drinks.
Onyx + Rose CBD Softgels/Capsules
Each of the brand’s capsules constitutes a serving and delivers 25 mg CBD. They are formulated with MCT oil to improve bioavailability and are strictly taken orally. The capsules come in30-count jars, with 750 mg CBD concentration.
Onyx + Rose CBD Topicals & Skincare Products
The skincare products and topicals by Onyx + Rose are strictly used on the external parts. According to the website, they feature nothing but CBD oil and natural and organic ingredients. They feature 60- 500 mg CBD in broad- and full-spectrum formulations.
Onyx + Rose CBD Pet Items
The brand offers pet products in the form of broad-spectrum CBD tinctures and chews. The oils come in 250 mg CBD concentration and feature a 4.17 mg/ml potency. The chews help with soft spots and constant wagging of tails and come in 2 or 5 mg/unit potencies.
Onyx + Rose Delta- 8 Gummies
The zzz delta- 8 gummies come in fruity flavors. Although the brand’s website indicates that they are 50-75% less potent than THC, this is a mistake because they are actually 33-50% less potent than THC.
What We Like About the Company
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to file claims and get refunds and exchanges for their products
- Subscribing to the company’s plans helps one get financial advantages, including 15% discounts on every order and free shipping
- Free shipping for all orders worth $100 and above to the USA helps clients save on purchases
- Onyx boasts a relatively wide product catalog with capsules, tinctures, pet items, delta- 8 THC, edibles, and topicals
- The broad and full-spectrum formulations the brand deals in guarantee clients a full entourage effect with and without the psychoactive ingredients
- Onyx + Rose is diligent about 3rd party lab tests and liaises with a lab to run the tests
- The company posts lab results on the respective product pages and allows easy viewership by clients without asking for batch numbers and QR codes
- Using non-GMO, organic hemp for manufacturing CBD products boosts clients’ trust in the brand
- The clean CO2 extraction method bused to isolate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces ensures no solvents attach themselves to extracts, as seen in the online lab results with indicated no detection of solvents in the products across the various categories
- Onyx + Rose is exclusively information and has made its FAQ and Why O + R links detailed, helping clients and web visitors learn many things about CBD and other cannabinoids
- Using MCT oil to formulate CBD products increases their bioavailability
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the pros, Onyx + Rose has its cons, including;
- The free shipping threshold of $100 is relatively high and may not be affordable for most clients
- There is limited information about the brand on its website
- Two of the products we ordered had higher CBD concentrations than indicated on the labels, with some even posing higher variances than the 10% acceptable variance limit
- The $0.43 per mg CBD is relatively high since it is well above the market average and may make the brand lose clients
- The brand does not ship internationally
Our review for Onyx + Rose CBD brand was generally impressive because the brand has a relatively wide product range, uses organic, non-GMO hemp and all-natural ingredients to manufacture its products, conducts rigorous 3rd party tests and posts the results on the respective product pages, offers free shipping for all orders worth $100 and above to the US and a 30-day money-back guarantee for all orders, and uses MCT oil ton formulate products, increasing their digestion, absorbability, and bioavailability. However, it does not ship internationally, has a high free shipping threshold, does not include information about the founder on the website, and has a higher average price point than the market average. Should it improve these areas, it will certainly win a competitive edge in the hemp space.